JOIN OOHNA AND ENJOY ALL THE BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
While you are providing on-the-job health care services for your company, OOHNA is on the job providing professional support for YOU.
Since 1971, OOHNA has been the professional organization for registered nurses who provide occupational health care for Ontario's workers. We began as an affiliation of local groups of occupational health nurses, and in 1973 we formally incorporated as a not-for-profit organization. From the beginning, our association has been run entirely by and for the people it serves.
Today, we number over 800 members, proudly representing the vast majority of registered nurses who work in the occupational health field in Ontario.
You qualify for membership in OOHNA if you are a Registered Nurse holding a current license and are practising in a Canadian province or territory OR if you are a registered nurse and have an interest in Occupational Health Nursing.
Membership benefits include:
- Substantial member discounts for OOHNA's education events
- Legal expense and professional liability insurance
- Pro Bono legal assistance at no extra charge
- Salary Survey
- Email/Mail-out service of professional literature and employment opportunities
- Peer-to-peer support from the Board of Directors and the OHN Executive Director
- Internationally recognized Journal of the Ontario Occupational Health Nurses, published two (2) times a year
- E-newsletter, published five (5) times a year with current legal, health and wellness, political information
- Networking opportunities at workshops, webinars and seminars
- Continuing Education funding through the Pat Ewen Bursary Fund
- Financial assistance for certifying and recertifying [COHN(C)]
in The Ontario Occupational Health Nurses Association is for one year and
expires December 30th of each year. Membership is also available at a pro-rated fee
from July 1 - December. Renewals are due December of each year.
STUDENTS enrolled in a Nursing Program can apply for a complimentary membership with proof of Full Time Attendance. For more information, please click the following link: http://www.oohna.on.ca/students/