NOT A MEMBER?JOIN OOHNA AND ENJOY ALL THE BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
While you are providing on-the-job health care services for your company, OOHNA is on the job providing professional support for YOU.
Since 1971, OOHNA has been the professional organization for registered nurses who provide occupational health care for Ontario's workers. We began as an affiliation of local groups of occupational health nurses, and in 1973 we formally incorporated as a not-for-profit organization. From the beginning, our association has been run entirely by and for the people it serves.
Today, we number almost 1000 members, proudly representing the vast majority of registered nurses who work in the occupational health field in Ontario.
You qualify for membership in OOHNA if you are a Registered Nurse holding a current license and are practising in a Canadian province or territory.
Membership benefits include:
- Substantial member discounts for OOHNA's education events
- Legal expense and professional liability insurance
- Pro Bono legal assistance at no extra charge
- Salary Survey
- Email/Mail-out service of professional literature and employment opportunities
- Peer-to-peer support from the Board of Directors and the OHN Executive Director
- Internationally recognized Journal of the Ontario Occupational Health Nurses, published three (3) times per year
- E-newsletter, published five (5) times per year with current legal, health and wellness, political information
- Networking opportunities at workshops, webinars and seminars
- Continuing Education funding through the Pat Ewen Bursary
- Financial assistance for certifying and recertifying [COHN(C)]